The term “urban entrepreneur” has two principal connotations: someone who starts with no resources and builds a company or brand into a success; and someone who uses the perfect blend of book and street smarts to run their business well.
So, lately I have been highlighting a lot of talent and I wanted to really delve into what exactly makes an urban entrepreneur and urban entrepreneur. Below is a list of ten distinguishable traits or characteristics that urban entrepreneurs believe they exude . . .
1) Urban entrepreneurs stand at the intersection of street smarts and business smarts. We are agile, passionate and inspirational.
2) To be an urban entrepreneur is to choose a different path — one built on creativity and resourcefulness. When resources are limited, we must create them; when unexpected barriers come up, positivity must kick in; when our peers say we can’t do it, we must continue to climb.
3) To me, urban entrepreneurship means the opportunity, the ability and the desire to do what is needed, where it is needed most.
4) Urban entrepreneurship means financial independence, creative freedom and being able to inspire other urban youths to follow their dreams.
5) I’ve always enjoyed taking an idea from nothing and turning it into something. The excitement of discussing entrepreneurship with kids and seeing the desire in their eyes makes being an entrepreneur priceless.
6) Urban entrepreneurship is the power of understanding how to bring out the best in people to build an empire that thrives on community and the people who make your idea a success.
7) Urban entrepreneurship means building an empire and leaving a legacy while not forgetting where you came from. Success means nothing if you don’t help others along the way.
8) Urban entrepreneurship means my success is not solely for my benefit — that we have a greater responsibility to reach other young “could be” urban entrepreneurs to illuminate their path with the beauty of our light so that they, too, can delight in the joy of success and pass it on.
9) Urban entrepreneurship means investing resources in yourself and that which is directly around you.
10) Being an urban entrepreneur means the ability to manifest your fullest potential of the true spirit of the American Dream — to have the freedom to carry on the journey of entrepreneurship, while remembering who you are and where you came from to leave a trace of inspiration and know-how along the trail.
#8 IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE and to learn more about this please take a look at : http://under30ceo.com/the-top-10-things-that-define-an-urban-entrepreneur/
Astu Mengesha – Stay Down Blaze Up